2015 Grand Canyon Trifecta:
1) Bill Hall trail- (9 miles)This trailhead is very near the starting line, we run by Monument Point early on in the race. Take a photo at the Esplanade section and turn around. Attempting a rim to river trip is not recommended. Bring plenty of water, this trail is exposed. Click here for trail description
2) North Kaibab trail- (9 miles) Run down to Roaring Springs, take a photo, and back up. Click here for trail description.
3) Widforss trail- (10 miles) Take picture at the turnaround overlook at mile 5. Click here for trail description
***Other amazing options (which can replace any of the above trifecta legs but are not required due to price and/or distance):
- South Canyon- You can take the UPS route (7.5 miles) or the traditional route (13 miles). Take the photo at the Colorado River.
- Rider Canyon- One of my favorite side canyons into the Colorado River, but the approach is long and requires high clearance.
- Rim to Rim- (Or R2R2R) This can take the place of all 3 Trifecta challenges if done within a week before or a week after the race.
- Kanab Creek Wilderness Area- Lots to explore here, but high mileage to get to the good stuff.
- Toroweap- This is my favorite overlook of the Grand Canyon. It's an amazing section of the park, although difficult to access. But you're as close as you'll ever be to it, so if you have any desire to see it, now's your chance! Lots of running/hiking options, including a short, steep trip down to the Colorado River via the Lava Falls trail (if it's not too hot.)
For each of the 3 “legs” of the Trifecta that you complete, you will receive 10% discount credited towards the next Ultra Adventures event that you participate in! Complete all three legs of the Trifecta and you have earned yourself 30% off of the next event! These discounts can also be accumulated, so after 3 events, you can earn 90% off of the 4th event just for getting out and doing what you love!!
***Race credit must be redeemed within one year from the race date and the amount credited is based on the amount that you paid for the event that you participated in- (ie. for a $100 registration fee you would earn $10 credit for each leg of the Trifecta, for a $200 registration fee, you would earn $20 credit for each Trifecta leg completed).