The 2015 Zion Trifecta will be:
1) Angels Landing- This popular hike offers spectacular views of the main canyon from 1,500ft above the valley floor. Click here for trail description If you have any energy left and you are looking for more miles after making it to the overlook, we would encourage you to continue up the amazing West Rim trail, which you will be using to access the Angel’s Landing spur trail.
2) The Narrows- This is a “must see” while you are here if the spring runoff is in your favor. Your feet will get wet on this one, and other than the approach on the paved river trail, there will not be much running involved. Click here fora trail description of the Narrows. ***April runoff can make it difficult to get very far up into the narrows. If that is the case, you can substitute this hike with an exploration of Hidden Canyon. Click here for Hidden Canyon trail description.
3) Observation Point- This trail will take you to an overlook that peers down into the main canyon from the top of the cliffs 2,100ft above the valley floor. Click here for trail description
***Other amazing options (which can replace any of the above trifecta legs but are not required due to price and/or distance):
- Trans Zion (Zion Traverse)- Anyone crazy enough to do this epic route within a week from race day would not need to do any of the other Trifecta legs. 30% off your next event if you have the legs to pull it off. Take a pic in Hop Valley, one from the top of the West Rim trail and one from the top of the East Rim.
- The Subway- If you are one of the lucky ones to obtain one of the 80 daily issued permits to hike the Left Fork of North Creek, don’t pass up the opportunity.
- Pine Creek- You’ll need a wetsuit, rappelling gear, and a permit for this one but oh man is it amazing.
- Kolob Arch- This trail can substitute any of the 3 legs of the Trifecta that you’ve done before if you’d like to try something new. There are two ways to access the arch, both are beautiful and about the same distance (about 7 miles each way). You can take either the Hop Valley trail or LaVerkin Creek trail.
- Water Canyon-Squirrel Canyon- If you’ve seen it all in Zion or want to get into the rarely visited outreaches of the backcountry, this 11 mile loop is one of my favorites of all time.
For each of the 3 “legs” of the Trifecta that you complete, you will receive 10% discount credited towards the next Ultra Adventures event that you participate in! Complete all three legs of the Trifecta and you have earned yourself 30% off of the next event! These discounts can also be accumulated, so after 3 events, you can earn 90% off of the 4th event just for getting out and doing what you love!!
***Race credit must be redeemed within one year from the race date and the amount credited is based on the amount that you paid for the event that you participated in- (ie. for a $100 registration fee you would earn $10 credit for each leg of the Trifecta, for a $200 registration fee, you would earn $20 credit for each Trifecta leg completed).